Sunday, April 18, 2021

REMEMBERING FELIX SILLA

Man, I seriously hate obituaries!
Last week it was Derrick Ferguson's.
This week it's Felix Silla!

For those (few) unfamiliar with the name, Silla was an actor/stuntman who will go down in Entertainment history for many things, including originating the roles of Cousin Itt on The Addams Family and Twiki on Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mister Silla at the 2012 Pulp Ark Convention.
There we had a couple of chats over his long and distinguished career, to date.
Among other things, he appeared in an episode of The Monkees TV show ("Monkees At The Circus"), and was a hang gliding Ewok in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
But Silla personally considered his favorite role to be Litvak in the George Segal movie The Black Bird because it required the least make up/costume prep time, compared to dressing up as Itt, Twiki, etc.

That was definitely a fun weekend and convention. Clicking the link above will reveal more details of the experience.
The impression continued long after I returned to my humble abode, for I not only dedicated HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE: CATCH A RISING STAR to Felix, but I also based the character Salexi Lilf of Stellar Studios, who first appears in Chapter 17, on him.
I honestly don't know if Silla was ever aware of that, but I hope he enjoyed it.

In any event Dear Readers, I thank you for indulging me on another trip down Memory Lane.
My writing is going as well as can be expected at the moment considering recent events.
Take care.
STAY SAFE!😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
18 April, 2021
All links were active when posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment