Sunday, October 4, 2020

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 3, 2020

I truly wish I could say that the first draft to SOLITAIRE is finished, but not quite yet.
I am 62,000+ words and on Chapter 30.
Not sure how many actual chapters there will be, but this past week I did write the concluding scene and tweaked the existing Epilog accordingly.
The goal is to close the gap between all that and where I actually left off in Chapter 30 before I jumped ahead again.

Now the way I see it, there's nothing wrong with jumping ahead when necessary.
After all, if you've got a strong idea for a scene later than where you actually are in a manuscript at the moment, you certainly want to get it down in writing and not run the risk of losing it.
What if, when you finally come to that moment later on, you forgot what it was?
Better to have those parts ready and waiting for however long it takes to reach the point where you need them instead.

In any event, I better get back to writing now.
Take care.
STAY SAFE!😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
4 October, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment