Sunday, August 25, 2019

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING AUGUST 24, 2019

"It's deja vu all over again!"—Yogi Berra.

Last week went pretty much how I expected it would once more, with what little writing time I had around appointments and other commitments dedicated to The New Idea, since it's easier to work on anything set in the present than in the past.

Hey, at least I did get some writing done! 😀

This week should be relatively back to "normal" (whatever that means 😉) so I will hopefully get to resume work on "Sherlock Holmes: The Adventure of the Unimaginable".
Not sure I will complete the first draft of the manuscript this week because for a "short" story, I will be the first to admit that it's taking me longer than you would think it should.
Then again, besides not being on any specific schedule or deadline, working on something as well known and historic as Sherlock Holmes is more time consuming, because not only do you have to get every detail as accurate as humanly possible, you also have to come up with a case/adventure worthy of the famous Victorian Era Consulting Detective!
Holmes is one project you definitely want to put your best foot forward on and not rush.

In any event, I better get back to writing now.
Take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
25 August, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment