Sunday, December 2, 2018

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 1, 2018

First and foremost: for those celebrating starting at sundown tonight, HAPPY HANUKKAH!

Now then...
Can you believe this is my 300TH WRITING BLOG POST???
I tried looking for an appropriate image to celebrate this tricentennial, but all I could find was the (copyrighted) logo to some movie.
Seems like just yesterday I started my writing blog, but we all know it's been longer than that.
Am thinking about changing the background/layout format, but haven't liked any of Blogger's offerings yet.
If you folks have any thoughts on the subject, please leave them in the comments section to this post.

Anyway, my friendly neighborhood beta-proofreader and I haven't exchanged files yet, so not sure when she'll be reviewing HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE BOOK 3: FEMME FATALE while I go over her latest fantasy novel, but time will tell.

Been thinking about my writing plans present and future.
Still have to finish my Zephyr Lily story for Jim Beard, and definitely want to do at least another Sherlock Holmes story for Airship 27, but my main focus to open 2019 WILL BE whatever becomes Book 3 in the Project Alpha series!

For better or worse though, my productivity just hasn't been where I want it to be.
Granted, it's physically impossible to write 24/7, and life and other matters do get in the way sometimes when I try to write.
The false starts and restarts, let alone pausing everything when my mother passed away last year, certainly didn't help things on HUGH 3.
Then again other obligations, like my recent doctor's visit (which went well), house work (unfortunately I have yet to find a self cleaning house, let alone clothes and dishes that will wash themselves) and other stuff (with winter upon us, somebody has to start and run the wood stove) take time away from writing.
I know there isn't enough hours in the average day.
There certainly isn't enough me.
Especially since I've lost a good 30 pounds since the start of this year! 😎

None of the above can be taken as an excuse, but it is an explanation for what's been going on.
After all, I'm only human. 👽😉

In any event, I better get back to writing now.
Take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
2 December, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment