Sunday, February 1, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 31, 2015

Well folks, I'll be honest and admit that I'm not exactly sure what to tell you in regards to my progress this past week working on the manuscript for ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.

As I wrote last time, there has been plenty of writing and editing done. I've solved most of my action versus exposition problems, resulting in an additional chapter of material in the process.

On the other hand, I'm about where I was in the overall story when the whole problem originally reared its ugly head, only now I'm starting with Chapter 15 instead of 14 since there is that new chapter of material.

I truly wish I could tell you more details about where Alpha is, what is happening to him now, and what comes next; but to do so would spoil the surprises when the novel is published.

Alpha art by Marc Guerrero
I can remind everyone that what I am attempting to do with BOOK 2 is lay the foundation for the future of the series, since BOOK 1 (Project Alpha) revealed his origin story and first adventure.
Now Alpha is trying to find his place in the universe. Will this strange new world he finds himself on be it?

Barring anything unforeseen, I should be finished with the manuscript sometime between late March/April. Then it will require a final beta/proofreading before the novel is submitted to the publisher. The actual publication date will be determined by them sometime after that.

But to do my part, I better get back to "work" now.
See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
1 February, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment