Sunday, July 10, 2022

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JULY 9, 2022

LIGHTS, WORDS, ACTION!

Technically I'm still on Chapter 6 of SOLITAIRE 2: THE AGENDA.
I'm also 9,500+ words into the overall manuscript and in the middle of a major action scene.

I will be the first to admit that it is difficult at times to accurately present an action sequence with just words because they are far better suited to visual mediums.
But a well written action sequence can and will keep the readers at the edge of their collective seats as they anxiously turn the page to see what happens next.

It's definitely one of those "Catch 22" situations because drama and emotions can be portrayed far more accurately with the right words.
Yet a good writer can walk that tight rope to bring you a wonderful story that runs the full gamut of action, adventure, drama, emotions, etc.
And imagine what a great writer is capable of.

Whether I'm good, great or somewhere else when it comes to writing is something only readers and time can decide.
In any event I better get back to it now.

Take care.
STAY SAFE! 😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
10 July, 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment