Sunday, December 22, 2019

PROGRESS REPORT, WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 21, 2019


♫Da hoo dorais fa hoo dorais.♫—The Whos down in Whoville.

Well, as I feared, while what writing time I did have this past week was split between my blogging commitments and my prose work, I unfortunately didn't make much progress on the SOLITAIRE novel.
Still in the opening paragraphs of Chapter 14.
Don't know how much writing I'll accomplish before December 25, although from the 26 on should be relatively back to "normal", whatever that means. 😉
BUT, as a special holiday treat, I'd like to present🎁 to you the opening paragraphs of that novel!

He ran, darting and weaving across the crowded sidewalks as fast as he could without drawing too much attention to himself. Afraid of every shadow and person he passed, the man never stopped looking over his shoulder, no matter how many times he saw nothing there.
He zigzagged and recrossed his path at every opportunity while avoiding all forms of public and private transportation, keeping his head turned toward the buildings at intersections so his face wouldn’t be noticeable on any close circuit traffic cameras.
Jesse Frost felt like a hunted animal being relentlessly pursued through the concrete jungle of New York City.

That should whet your appetite and give you some idea of what I am planning with this suspense thriller-adventure.

In any event, it's time to say goodbye for now.
So take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
22 December, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment