Sunday, October 2, 2016

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 1, 2016

Okay, let's see where I'm at right now.
Still working on HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE Volume 3.
As far as I'm concerned, the first 3 chapters are done.
Have reviewed my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader's notes on Chapter 4 and revised accordingly, but not sure what she'll think of the new version until I send the manuscript back to her again with Chapter 5 finished.
Still don't have a title for this adventure, let alone know whether or not it's going to be the first caper or the entire book, but that's no biggie at the moment.

Head problems off early before they grow!
Now, for those of you wondering, while Nancy Hansen is my friend and friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader, reading and kibitzing on each other's manuscripts is not a one way street.

It's just that I prefer to have my work reviewed completed chapter by completed chapter so that no mistakes sneak past and pile up to become a major problem later, while she prefers to wait until a specific project is totally completed before I get to beta/proofread her work.
From what I hear, she re-reads all her previous day's writing each morning before going on to that day's wordsmithing.
I do that too. So what she's getting is like the second or third draft of each chapter, while I have no idea how high the draft count is on her manuscripts when I receive them.

Just a quick behind the scenes look at the work methods of two different authors for those interested.

I have to get back to writing now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
2 October, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment