Sunday, March 13, 2016

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MARCH 12, 2016

OKAY... my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen is making her final pass on the manuscript for PROJECT ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.
As I post this, she was planning to start Chapter 12 of 20 today.
So far Nancy says she loves the book.
Don't know how many changes/corrections/whatever she's done to it, let alone where the word count stands at the moment.
That I will discover when I get the manuscript back (presumably) later this week to start my FINAL review.

I have finished formatting and reviewing the manuscript for Nancy's next anthology.
Definitely an interesting take on the concept of someone being sent on missions to right wrongs, whether they want to or not.

NOW, at least until I'm either done writing it or get the ALPHA 2 manuscript back, I will be resuming my trip to Victorian London to work on the Sherlock Holmes story I promised Ron Fortier at Airship 27.

I'll admit, I found it a bit daunting coming up with an enigma "worthy" of the world's first consulting detective, but now that I have that, the story is coming along fine.
The only thing I'm uncertain of now is if I'm picturing Basil Rathbone or Jeremy Britt in the classic role.
But more on that in my next Progress Report.

Have a great week everybody.
Hope those participating remembered to set their clocks forward one hour to start Daylight Saving Time, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
13 March, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment