Sunday, May 23, 2021

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MAY 22, 2021

My Editor's Hat
Not going to be getting much writing done within the next week or so I'm afraid because I'll be wearing my Editor's Hat.
First I have got to finish going back over the SOLITAIRE manuscript.
I totally rewrote two chapters of the Japan leg of this adventure and still have to finish checking the rest of the manuscript so My Friendly Neighborhood Beta-Proofreader can finish reviewing it herself.

Then I want to reread what I already have so far of my SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL because I'm 26 Chapters (not counting the Prologue) and 48,000+ words into it and want to make sure that I have everything covered. While I'm hoping this will be the first book in an ongoing series and I know everything won't be resolved by the last page, I do want to make sure that the plot points I plan to take care of in Book 1 are fully addressed to everyone's satisfaction.
The readers' and my own.

Why do I pay such meticulous attention to detail?
The image on the left answers that question.
While I'm only human and bound to make mistakes, the more I catch (typo, plot point, or otherwise) and correct before submitting anything to a potential publisher, the better my chances are of getting that manuscript published and increasing the readers' enjoyment of the work once it's available to them.

In any event, I better get back to writing editing now.
Take care.
STAY SAFE!😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
23 May, 2021



No comments:

Post a Comment