Sunday, July 14, 2019

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JULY 13, 2019

Had a lot going on this past week, including an overnight sleep study to reevaluate my sleep apnea versus CPAP needs.

Got more writing done on The New Idea💡 than Sherlock Holmes🔍 though.

Guess that's because The New Idea💡 is in a contemporary setting and doesn't require much research, compared to Holmes'🔍 Victorian England.

But anyway, considering all the hard work I've accomplished so far, I've decided that it's SNEAK PREVIEW TIME! 😀

Below are the opening paragraphs from both of my current projects.
First, Sherlock Holmes🔍 in THE ADVENTURE OF THE UNIMAGINABLE...

Reviewing all the copious notes I have taken over the years of my long association with Sherlock Holmes, out of all the cases I have ever been upon with him that I have yet to formally record, one of the most extraordinary began with a most unusual proposition.
“A holiday?” I said, unsure of having heard my friend correctly, for I could not immediately remember the last time Holmes had ever taken one.

And from the as yet untitled NEW IDEA...💡

He ran, darting and weaving across the crowded sidewalks as fast as he could without drawing too much attention to himself. Afraid of every shadow and person he passed, the man never stopped looking over his shoulder, no matter how many times he saw nothing there.

Hope you liked the sneak peaks.
In any event, I've got to get back to work now.
Will definitely try to concentrate more on Holmes🔍 than The New Idea💡 this coming week, because I would like to get Sherlock finished so I can send it on to my friendly neighborhood beta-proofreader for her opinions before submitting it to Airship 27.

Take care everybody, and I'll see you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
14 July, 2019 HAPPY BASTILLE DAY TO EVERYONE IN FRANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment