Sunday, September 23, 2018

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 22, 2018

Well, between the remnants of Hurricane Florence coming to my neck of the woods (which thankfully brought only a whole bunch of rain⛆)along with a couple of doctor appointments (and I still haven't found the one with the TARDIS yet!😉) I decided not to split my writing time between projects and concentrated solely upon HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3: FEMME FATALE this past week.

23 chapters; 58,000+ words and rushing towards the climax.
But to quote Jimmy Buffett: ♫Where it all ends I can't fathom my friends♫

I know what I want to accomplish, but how exactly to achieve this is my unanswered question at the moment.

For those just joining this blog, although mysteries require more detail work in advance, I don't like to set every plot point in stone before I start writing.
After all, what if a great idea comes along while you're working and you can't use it because you're too rigid in your plot?

So, do I go with a gun fight? Cut to the "car" chase?
Hugh is definitely a man of action and not the kind of private detective who would call all the suspects together and reveal the guilty party amongst them.

Plus, his cases do happen in "the far flung future", so they have to be exciting as well.
Don't worry, I'll figure it out, but to do so I better get back to writing now.
See you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
23 September, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment