Sunday, September 14, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 13, 2014

First and foremost, I have submitted that short story with the Halloween deadline to its potential publisher AND returned my friend's novella with my notes and corrections, so those two projects are completely off my agenda now!

As to ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON...
I went back over Chapter 7 and a few of the corrections there led to a couple of other changes, which resulted in me going back over Chapter 8 before resubmitting it to my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen for review. She will be getting the new version sometime this week.

I want to get all my ducks in a row and make sure the manuscript is as good as I can possibly make it before submitting it to the publisher.

THE STORY SO FAR...
At this moment in Chapter 7, Alpha has been on planet <???> for less than a couple of hours, as we measure time, and is already in the middle of a pretty intense situation. The <???> is <???> by hostile forces and unless <???> isn't <???> soon, the hostile forces will <???
>!
All this, plus the fact that Alpha hasn't decided yet whether or not he even wants to be on planet <???>.

The pretty intense situation at <???> will run though at least the beginning of Chapter 10, and then afterwards... <???>

If you're wondering what all the <???> are about, it's just my sneaky way of telling you what's going on without giving away all the great details before the novel is published.

All of this, plus the fact that The Free Choice E-zine celebrated a couple of major milestones this past week, achieving 1000+ page views for 3 consecutive years AND 2000+ page views for one full year!
So you can imagine how happy its Editor-In-Chief (me) is.

In any event, I better get back to work now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
14 September, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment